July 20, 2015
Ep 64 – Holly Harris, Creative Director, National Dance Day Orlando
National Dance Day Orlando is The City Beautiful’s local participation in the nation-wide event established by Nigel Lythgoe from So You Think You Can Dance. Holly Harris is the Creative Director and Founder of Orlando’s National Dance Day and since 2013 has been organizing this one-day celebration where anyone can sign-up to take a dance class on a wide-range of styles: Ballet, Salsa, Swing, Contemporary, Latin and more.
On today’s show we caught up with Holly to talk about:
- What is National Dance Day?
- The History of National Dance Day in Orlando
- Which classes are being offered for National Dance Day Orlando
- How you can sign-up for National Dance Day classes
- The Community Celebration at Cultural Park involving hundreds of dancers
- Advice for dancers and non-dancers on participating in the event
- An overview of Orlando’s Dance Community
- And much more.
Listen to the Show
You can listen to Orlando Water Hole (for free) three different ways:
- On this site by clicking the microphone icon on the top right-hand corner of this post.
- Subscribing on iTunes
- Subscribing on Stitcher Radio
Follow National Dance Day Orlando Online
Never Miss a Single Episode
Each month (usually) I send out a newsletter with access to exclusive interview content from our guests you can’t find anywhere else. Sign up below to find out more and also be eligible for giveaways and other great content. Signup below:
Comment on this Episode!
Have something to add to the show? Use our SpeakPipe Widget to leave a voicemail that we’ll play on a future show. Or you can type your comment by clicking below.